So I found a fun blog topic for Mommy Confessions, so here is my first one! I am linking up with Cookie for Breakfast who is hosting this!
Here is my first mommy confession: I love my job!
Okay, so it's not necessarily what I do, and it's not every day by any means. I do have a deep desire to stay home with my kids, I miss them terribly, and want to be there more for them.
But at the end of the day when:
- Kaden cries all the way home, on the curb, and into the house because I didn't buy him a fishing pole
- Aerington tells me 'No' for the 10000gazillionth time when I ask her to please pick up her books, eat her meat, eat her veggies, EAT ANYTHING PLEASE PLEASE!
- Kaden has a melt down because I want him to go potty mid-play, only to have an accident 10 minutes later
- Both kids are crying because they want 'Mom to brush my teef,' 'Mom to bockabye me,' and then when mom is doing it 'NO I WANT DADDY'
- Kaden is in hysterics because Aeri has the one toy out of the 20 he has stashed next to him- seriously he hoards toys, we have a collection next the bed that have to sleep there.
Or let's say in the morning when:
- Kaden is crying because he wants mommy to get him dressed and mom can't curl her hair for work because he absolutely refuses to let dad help
- Then Aerington is screaming because she ALSO wants mommy to get her dressed, so mom can't put on make up to get to work
- Kaden is crying because he wants to wear his tool shirt again- I'm being dead serious here, at this phase in his life he wears this shirt every other day
- Kaden is crying because he wants to wear his winter boots---even though we haven't seen snow for weeks and it's 45 degrees
- Kaden is AGAIN crying because he wants a fishing pole.
There are just some days when being at work listening to people complain to you about what doesn't work in software, is more peaceful than being at home with two kids ages 3 and under. At least you can reason with the people calling to complain!....Most of the time!
Love my job and my kids- my passion, pride, and joy!