Saturday, February 9, 2013

Enriching Women's Lives


"If you change the way you look at something, what you're looking at will actually change."



Since I was little and up until March 2012, I never thought I would be in sales.  And if I was going to be in the sales industry, one definitely would not expect me to be in skin care and cosmetics.  I was a tired mom, kind of a tom boy, and prided the fact I didn't take the time to put myself together.  If I went out, I took a little extra time to look nice, but for work it was a good day if I had jeans and a nice top on and my hair wasn't pulled back.  I didn't wash my face at night and I didn't moisturize.  I mean really?  I sat in a cubey all day doing tech support, what did it matter what I looked like?

Along came Molly,  holding a Mary Kay party, she had signed on as a consultant out of Kansas City.  I got a good chuckle out of it, a few of us did.  But to support my friend and in efforts to get out of the house and talk to people who have more knowledge than off Elmo and Mickey Mouse club, I went to the facial session.  

In Mary Kay, the product sells itself.  Mary Kay is one of the top ten beauty lines internationally and one of  the ONLY beauty line with products that have the Good Housekeeping seal of approval.  That being said, the facial session was by far the best thing that happened to me skin care wise and later on in when it came to my life.  The next day I felt my face and was instantly surprised at how clean, healthy, and soft it felt.  It also instantly looked healthier and a little younger.  The wheels started turning.


Where I'm from, everyone and their dog AND their cat, seems to be in direct sales of some sort.  There are also a lot of Mary Kay consultants.  Mary Kay consultants also did not have a positive image with many people I knew.  Pushy, over-made up, and tacky were some of the sayable words I can insert here.  BUT I really liked the product, something about it made me feel instantly different, and making 50% of what I sell?!  Unheard of in many direct sales companies.  I was doing it, despite what others said.

My unit is based out of Kansas City.  How would I describe my unit and what they are doing?  Active, loving, sisters, inspiring, teaching, hardworking, teammates, beautiful, prayerful.  My unit is working Mary Kay the way it is supposed to be worked.  Not signing on just to get the products at cost and sell to others at cost.  They are doing it to change lives starting with their own, but soon you find your life can change if you change others.  

There is nothing more rewarding than helping a woman feel beautiful whether it be with make up, skin care, or just a genuine compliment.  There is nothing more empowering knowing you can do that for so many women and you can also share the opportunity for them to do the same for other women.  What a beautiful reaction it would be if we all empowered each other! 



My goal is to bring the faith, love, sisterhood, friendship, and inspiration back into Mary Kay where I live.  I want to share my experience with others and how it is changing my life and me, my families life and future.  Nothing is impossible, a situation is only temporary, and what you put in is what you will get back.  

- A man was riding home on a bus and was seated next to a father of two young children who were being loud, unruly, running about.  The father was doing nothing and seemed to not notice what was going on.  After sometime, the man, annoyed,  said to the father in a not very friendly tone, that maybe he should do something about his children's behavior.  The father immediately apologized and said he was sorry he hadn't noticed.  They were just on their way home from the hospital where his wife had passed away.  The man immediately looked at the situation differently. -

I have changed the way I looked at Mary Kay and Mary Kay has changed the way I look at me.  I try to put myself together a little more, my skin is healthier and younger.  The biggest change for me is my view of myself, my goals, and my dreams.  I am not quick to judge anymore, there is something beautiful in everyone.  I feel anything is possible if you have faith and determination.  Relationships in my life have deepened and new friendships have formed.  I have found opportunities not only of the monetary value, but emotionally, socially, and spiritually.  

“Before you ever receive the wonderful treasures of a happy life, you must first give. Give of yourself. Be of service to others. Only what you give can be multiplied back into your own life. That is the law of the harvest, the law of the ten-fold return. If you give nothing, even if it is multiplied, you receive nothing.”- Mary Kay Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment