"You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland
So I totally promise I will not gush non-stop about my furbabies but I am going to introduce them, and periodically post the annoying, funny, and crazy things they might do. So let's get started with the cream of my crop!
Hello Alphy! Alphy is one of kind in more ways than one!
Fun facts/stories about this handsome man:
- He's a poly dactyl! Alphy's motto is "Go Big or Go Home!" I mean, most poly dactyls are just okay with having thumbs on their paws, but this man has 25 toes! A normal cat has 18 toes on it's paws, most poly dactyls have 20 toes.
- Alphy was scheduled to be euthanized in a high kill shelter 4 hours from me- I am an animal rescuer and their rescue coordinator asked me if I'd please take one more black cat with a personality of an ass. In came Alphy to my home with several other rescues who have since been adopted. When it came to Alphy, my husband said, "Everyone needs a cat with 25 toes." Everyone also needs a king of the house, Alphy is mine.
- Alphy hates every new foster for about 2 to 3 weeks and will pick and pick, then he loves to play with them. As Alphy is getting older though, it's getting harder and longer for him to adjust. I see my fostering years retiring for awhile so he doesn't have to go through the stress. In the end, it is his forever home, and it should be peaceful.
- Alphy has the personality of a dog. He knows his name, I know exactly what he wants by the sound of his voice, and he walks on a harness and a leash.
- In the summer, when the grass is wet and the earthworms are out, I bring Alphy into the back yard. I promise a video of this sometime, but he literally hops on all fours all over the lawn trying to catch earthworms. I have never, in my whole life, seen an animal move that way.
6. Alphy has a sense of humor, or at least tolerates when I get a funny idea that humiliates him. See below...
And again as a Wade's Warrior, in a onsie for my friend's little boy who is fighting neuroblastoma...
7. I'm convinced, at times he is possessed. He will randomly spaz out, run full speed around the house, and chatter extremely loud. Here is some other evidence I caught on camera...
8. Alphy can be a little impatient at times. See below, enough said.
Sure Alphy may be frustrating at times. It drives me nuts when he darts into the laundry room every time we open the door, when he darts outside when I don't have time to be outside, when I find him on our roof, and when he goes through his periods of puking consistently after every meal. But in the end, I can not image life without 'Mean Old Alphy', his gentleness with my children, and the laughs he brings to us!
Love your cat!