Thursday, February 21, 2013

Meeze the Squeeze



“My name is Skippito Friskito. (clap-clap)
I fear not a single bandito. (clap-clap)
My manners are mellow,
I'm sweet like the Jell-o,
I get the job done, yes indeed-o. (clap-clap)” 
― Judy SchachnerSkippyjon Jones






Lazy Thursday, so let's introduce Meezy McSqueezy my siamesey!  If you are familiar with the Skippyjon Jones children's book, I think the quote describes Mr. Meeze to a T.  


Meezy is another rescue of mine.  Mom and six siblings were surrendered and when I picked them up, they said, "Mom might I have fleas."  UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR!  All 7 were completely infested, so infested that when I dawn bathed them, the water was red from blood as why my shirt.  So infested that I sadly lost 4 out of 6 babies.  I was able to save two, Meezy and his brother I named Sketch.  Sketch was adopted to a wonderful family.



Meeze has got thumbs, another poly dactyl of mine.  He has the personality of a mother hen.  He is lover of all guests in the house.  From a new foster kitty or cat, to someone who just stopped by for a visit.  He loves to bless them by leaving his gorgeous fur all over their clothes.  He's a power shedder and a power lover, and when you are sitting, he welcomes you by lots of rubbing and somersaults in your lap.  



Below he's politely waiting for me to remove the box he tried to fit into....



One of my favorite stories I like to share of Meezy is when we got a new foster dog, Oscar.  He was a timid little schnauzer who had never been around cats.  I brought him home and he stood by the front door trembling and wouldn't move.  Meeze walked up, wrapped his legs around Oscar's front leg(think of a Koala or bear hugging a tree trunk), and acted like he was biting him and trying to get him to wrestle.  Oscar was baffled, then relaxed, and Meezy was his snuggle buddy and safe haven for the rest of his stay.



When I was pregnant, both times, Meezy would bring me things: hair ties, socks, t-shirts.  I could hear him chirping on his way to me.  He come dragging or carrying whatever my gift was and lay it at my feet.



Such a gentle soul, a caretaker, so open-hearted  and non-judgemental, not your typical Siamese personality at all. Love my Squeezers! 

Tell me about the cat that is the caretaker in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment